Raphael Brushes was founded in 1793, the first seed of the future RAPHAEL brushes. The Company prospered despite the uncertainties of the Revolution, the Empire and the Restoration. Gerard continued the activity from 1820 to 1825, followed by Leferme from 1825 to 1847 and Renard from 1847 to 1859. In 1859, at the age of 34, Charles Sauer bought the Raphael Company and moved it from Paris to Oinville, 50 kilometres away. From 1895 to 1900, his son, Max Auguste Sauer, built a very modern steam factory at Hardricourt, near Oinville. In 1925, the manufacture of fine brushes was transferred to Saint-Brieuc by Max Sauer (junior). After Max Sauer's death in 1960, the Max Sauer Company, directed by Michel and Gérard Sauer, was transferred in 1967 to a new factory, enlarged in 1973 and 1987 with another addition in 1991, until today, it is an international reference in artistic brushmaking.
RAPHAEL Kaerell Brush Ref. 281
Raphael Kaerell brush. Synthetic. Ref. 281 Quality synthetic fibre for acrylic and oil painting, especially suitable for ground works, fillings, primers and basecoats in general. Ideal for professional and beginner artists, as well as for amateurs and handicrafts.